Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A scared mommy is an angry mommy


When I was little I was very curious. Everything in the world was a question to me and I believed it could be solved with an answer as long as I looked hard enough. I was with my mom at an arts festival when I was about five or six. Everything there intrigued my eyes and I could help but wander away from my mom. After my mom found me she was so upset and angry that tears flowed through my eyes like Nigra falls. After I calmed down my mom explained to me she wasn’t mad at me but she was so scared of losing me, she told me that a scared mommy was an angry mommy. That saying always stuck with me when I grew up. My mom still oscasilly says it when I get in trouble, it something that explains that she isn’t really mad she is just worried.

6 comments:

  1. I know the feeling. My mother is often overbearing and annoyingly inquisitive at times. Of course, this is only because she is concerned for my well being and such. A good ideal you have here, and one that is easily relatable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do not let curiosity kill your cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was not quite the same way; as a child, I was never very inqusitive, in terms of my surroundings, usually wallowing in my own little world not straying from parental authority.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mother was not quite the same as yours. When my mom was mad, she was not worried. She was mad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay I know this is going way off topic but those baby pictures are just too adorable. Anyways, my mom is the exact same way; even today she still flips out on me for something as dumb as leaving a folder at school. At least now I know she's not being a jerkface to make me feel bad, she's just worried for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mother handled my wandering off problem by letting me wander off in the supermarket and pretend like she left me. I was so scared and mad at her for leaving me, but I never, ever wandered too far away again. Instead I just asked her my questions.:)

    ReplyDelete